|Society „Latvian Earthworms growers association” (the Association) was founded in 1st September 2010, its’ founders are earthworm growing enthusiasts and entrepreneurs. It was founded with the objective to develop earthworm growing and vermicompost production in Latvia.
Aims of association
Statutes and Certificate of Registration
- The Association is a voluntary association of persons established in order to achieve its statutory aims, which are not for profit. The legal status of the Association is stated by Associations and Foundations Law, Civil Law and other laws and regulations of Latvian Republic.
- To bring together and train earthworm growers and develop vermicomposting in all Latvian regions.
- To represent the Association and the common interests of its members in public institutions, government, the judiciary and local government institutions, non-governmental organizations, as well as in other countries. To have an active influence on legislation and regulation preparation and adoption processes.
- To participate in projects related to the environment in Latvian.
- To participate actively in EU structural funds and state subsidies in agriculture and the use of unconventional environmental improvement.
- To put into practice the latest world innovations in science and technology that has been successfully used in the world.
- To develop and coordinate the latest scientific projects in cooperation with the Latvian and the world's leading professionals.
- To create organic waste recycling centres in collaboration with local governments and other interested organizations.
- In the future, to achieve rapid improvement of soil fertility in Latvia using natural, organic fertilizer products. To ensure Latvian agricultural self-sufficiency in agricultural products.
- To achieve Latvian vermicompost production using organic waste recycling with earthworms, and its development as one of the Latvian national ecological agriculture priorities.